Vertiv Liebert FDC Power Distribution Cabinet
A Better Way To Power Up Your Data Center
Integrate power distribution into the rack environment, with the rack-sized Liebert FDC. The stand-alone cabinet blends physically and cosmetically with rack equipment, while offering the distribution capabilities of a much larger unit. The Liebert FDC remote distribution cabinet extends the functionality of the PDU by packaging 168 poles (four complete panelboards) in a stand-alone cabinet with a rack-sized footprint. Offers multiple voltage options, panelboard options and monitoring options and one, two or four inputs. Can be used in conjunction with the Liebert FPC power center to provide expanded panelboard electrical pole connections closer to the load. The units may be placed at various locations within a row of racks, as well as in a standalone configuration. Bottom cable exit or top cable exit models available.
Critical Power Distribution Made Easy
The Liebert FDC provides additional distribution capacity for a high number of critical loads. It can be used in conjunction with the Liebert FPC power center to provide expanded panelboard connections closer to the load. The system utilizes the standard size and appearance of a rack enclosure to address the physical needs of today’s IT requirements. This enables these units to be used as part of a rack enclosure grouping, as well as in standalone applications.
Power Distribution Solutions For Growing IT Operations
Creating high quality power is a major step towards protecting the operation of a critical facility. But don’t stop there. Once you’ve created a better level of power, you need to make sure that it can be distributed properly to each and every piece of important equipment.
Providing Proper Power To Each Plug
Power distribution is an ever-important function in data center and IT environments. Whereas in the past it was considered a simplistic solution, the exploding number of dynamic devices and dual-corded loads has elevated the criticality and visibility of power distribution.
The proper distribution of power from the UPS system to your critical load equipment is a key element of system availability. Studies show that 80% of all power-related downtime is caused by disruptions between the UPS and the critical load.
As your rack-based systems grow in number, complexity and criticality — so must your power distribution system. To meet this challenge Liebert has created a product designed to optimize power distribution at the rack level with the “plug and play” flexibility that today’s IT managers demand from their systems.
The Liebert FDC distribution cabinet extends the functionality of the PDU by packaging 168 poles (four panelboards) on 208V and 380-415V, 50Hz models and 84 poles (two panelboards) on 380-480V, 60 Hz models in a stand-alone cabinet with a rack footprint.
The influx of client/server rack equipment is changing the content of data centers. There are more devices than before, and with 2, 3, and 4 input power cords most power distribution units (PDUs) run out of circuit breaker poles before they run out of rated capacity.
The Liebert FDC extends the functionality of the PDU by packaging 168 poles (four panelboards) on 208V and 380-415V, 50 Hz models and 84 poles (two panelboards) on 380-480V, 60 Hz models in a cabinet that can integrate with rack enclosures or function as a standalone unit.
Unlike standard Liebert Precision Power Centers or the Liebert FPC, the Liebert FDC has no internal isolation transformer and requires 4-wire-plus-ground input from a PPC, FPC or other transformer.
By separating the transformer from the panelboard function, Liebert was able to create an extremely compact package. It fits the same area as a standard 19” rack. This conserves precious floor space and allows maximum installation flexibility.
Accessibility And Electrical Isolation
The Liebert FDC 208V and 380-415V, 50 Hz models use inline 42-pole panelboards with wide-open access channels. The four panelboards are separated into vertical compartments with individual hinged access covers. The Liebert FDC 380-480V, 60 Hz unit uses standard sideby-side 42-pole 400A panelboards, for more capacity at a higher voltage. With one panelboard in the front and one in the rear, there is plenty of space in each compartment for wiring. Hinged access covers allow easy access for service and reconfiguring.
Features and Benefits:
- Factory assembled and tested to ensure reliability and consistent performance.
- Local and remote power monitoring capabilities enable you to attain maximum availability for your critical operations.
- Four panelboard capacity saves money by eliminating need for multiple cabinets.
- In-rack location places power distribution closer to the load, thereby reducing under floor cabling from centralized UPS and making cable movements simpler and less expensive.
- Rack-size power distribution unit
- Provides 4 complete panelboards with main breaker, total 168 poles
- Requires only front and rear service access
- Offers bottom cable access; optional top cable access
- Utilizes inline 42-pole panelboards providing open wiring access channels for easy installation of additional circuits.
- Optional 22kAIC main panelboard breakers.
The Standard Liebert FDC 208V, 50/60 Hz 380V, 400V and 415V 50 Hz models include:
- 4 panelboards with main breaker.
- Front and rear access only.
- Bottom cable exit.
380-480V, 60 Hz Models Include:
- 2 panelboards with main breaker.
- Front and rear access only.
- Bottom and Top cable exit.
- Top cable exit.
- 22kAIC main panelboard breakers (208V models).
- 65kAIC main panelboard breaker (380-480V, 60 Hz models).
- Current Plus Monitoring.
- Current monitoring panel.
- Isolated ground bus bars. (Not available on 380-480V, 60 Hz models).
- EZ-view doors to enable visual inspection of the breakers without unlocking the cabinet.
- Square D or GE panelboards in bolt-in or plug-in styles.
- Maintenance Tie-breakers to allow connection of the panelboards to different inputs (requires side access). Inputs must be fed from the same source so they can be tied together. (Not available on 380-480V, 60 Hz models).
- Plug-in main panelboard breakers. (Not available on 380-480V, 60 Hz models).
- Liebert Distribution Monitoring (LDM) to monitor main and branch circuits.
- Liebert IntelliSlot Unity card enables monitoring via BMS or network systems, offering SNMP, Modbus and BACnet protocols in one card.
Liebert FDC Specifications — Model Number Designation
|Product||Input Voltage||Frame||No. of Inputs||No. of Panelboards||Panelboard Type1||Panelboard Main Breaker2||Monitoring|
|FD||C= 208V||44=2 Door Bottom Cable Exit||1=One||1=One||SB=Sq D Bolt-in||3=35kAIC||0=No Monitoring|
|A= 480V||54=3 Door Bottom Cable w/Tie Breakers||2=Two||2=Two||SP=Sq D Plug-in 6||6=65kAIC||1=Current Monitoring|
|F=380V, 50 hz||64=2 Door Top Cable Entry||4= Four||3=Three||GB=GE Bolt-in||0=None||6=LDMF|
|U=400V, 50 hz||74=3 Door Top Cable Exit w/Tie Breakers||4= Four||GP=GE Plug-in||A=Plug-in||7=LDMF w/Display|
|G=415V, 50 hz||5=One w /IG||7=ABB||8=LDMF w/SiteScan Interface|
|M=415V, 60 hz||6=Two w /IG||9=LDMF w/Display & SiteScan Interface|
|T=400V, 60 hz||7=Three w /IG||C=Current Plus Monitoring|
|E=415V, 60 hz||8=Four w /IG|
Physical Data — Liebert FDC
|Width, Depth, Height||Weight|
|Uncrated||23.5 x 38 x 78.5 in (60 x 97 x 199 cm)||825 lbs (374 kg)|
|Domestic Packing||48 x 48 x 83 in (122 x 122 x 211 cm)||850 lbs (385 kg)|
|Export Packing||50 x 50 x 85 in (127 x 127 x 216 cm)||1000 lbs (454 kg)|
1 GE panelboards not available at 380-415V 50 Hz.
2 High AIC main breakers not available at 380-415V 50 Hz.
Download the Vertiv Liebert FDC Power Distribution Cabinet Datasheet (.PDF)
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.